Tax Audit Support
Here To Support You
From Start to Finish
A review typically takes place BEFORE your tax return has been assessed and will often only address a single line item (like Charitable Donations or Medical Expenses). An audit takes place AFTER your return has been filed and can span multiple years. A few types of audits and reviews we can assist you with include:
Canada international tax reporting and compliance
Federal Income tax filings related to C-Corporations, Partnerships and S-Corporations
Stress free tax audit support
We know that tax audits can be stressful which is why we are here to provide you a simple solution with the help of a tax professional. Get started with the help of one of our dedicated team members today!
Receive support for your tax audit today
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS AN AUDIT? WHAT IS A REVIEW?
A review typically takes place BEFORE your tax return has been assessed and will often only address a single line item (like Charitable Donations or Medical Expenses). An audit takes place AFTER your return has been filed and can span multiple years.
AUDIT TRIGGERS – WHO AND WHAT ARE THEY LOOKING AT FOR 2021
- Employment Expenses – Vehicle Expenses & Mileage Logs
- Home Office Expenses
- Long Haul Truck Drivers – Meals and Logbooks
- Canadian Emergency Wage Subsidy
- Canadian Emergency Bank Account
- Canadian Child Benefit – A change in marital status on your Income Tax return could trigger a review of prior CCB payments
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF THE CRA CONTACTS ME BY PHONE OR MAIL?
- Don’t Panic! Call OBS – We are professionals! If you have received a phone call – ask the auditor for their contact information, including agent ID number. Beware of scam phone calls. Generally the CRA will alert you of an audit by mail.
- Forward all communication from the CRA to our office, as your authorized representatives we will correspond with the CRA on your behalf!
- Gather up all of the documentation the CRA has requested in the engagement letter they have sent and forward it to our office.
- Relax! You are in good hands with OBS taking care of your audit for you.
WHAT WILL WE DO?
- Communicate with the CRA on your behalf, including requesting an extension if required
- Compile all of your documentation into a format accepted by the CRA – this includes any bookkeeping that may need to be done!
- Ensure any changes proposed to your return by the CRA are warranted. If the CRA makes adjustments we feel are unjust, we will file a Notice of Objection when your Notice of Reassessment is received.
- Guide you through the process answering any questions and addressing any concerns as they arise.